DO YOU PODCAST?
Have you entered the world of podcasting? If you don't know what podcasting is-- check out this link. Basically, a podcast is no different than a webcast. It is a show broadcasted over the web. Most podcasts are similar to news radio programs and deliver information on a regular basis. You then subscribe to them using itunes. Podcasts are most popular on Apple's iPod and iPhone devices, hence the name podcast, but a podcast can be enjoyed from a number or sources. The beauty of subscribing to a podcast, is that idelivered to you automatically and you can listen at your leisure.
If you haven't delved into the world of podcasts, you should! Itunes has podcasts for everything-- from gardening, sports, comedy, to even learning about teaching strategies. For quite a while now, I have been listening to The Moth and This American Life as I work out on the threadmill. I haven't listened to many education podcasts because, to be honest, I haven't found many that hold my attention. This week, I did some more searching and found a few that were of interest.
Listen and Play Podcast - BBC This is a podcast for our little ones. It is a literacy resource for children aged 3 to 5. It includes songs, traditional rhymes and stories. Programs are available weekly.
- These podcasts are very interesting to little ones and would be great for quiet time
- I would use these with lower elementary students, primarily kinders or pre-k kids.
- The segments are fast paced and different formats to keep them engaging.
- 15 minutes in length- perfect for kids this age
- The only problem with this podcast is the English Accent, it may be hard for some children to understand
- These ladies are interesting and engaging. Silly banter, but informative at the same time.
- The content is relevant to the classroom and current trends in technology
- Even though it was lengthy, the content held my attention?
- The podcasts are around 1 hour long. Which is long enough to cover various topics.
- Even though I enjoyed the banter between these two ladies, it might distract the listener or put them off. Listen to a few of their shows before you decide to subscribe.
TeacherCast TeacherCast.net is a site developed by Jeff Bradbury to help out his fellow teachers learn about the latest technologies available for education. He produces podcasts and reviews apos reviews.
- I thought this podcast was very informative and current.
- This podcast is relevant to a teacher implementing tech in the classroom
- This podcast was informative and also was presented in a conversational format that kept it engaging.?
- The podcasts average around 30 minutes long.
- I have only listened to the one podcast and I am not sure if they are too self promoting- I haven't listened enough. Again, listen to a few shows to see if this is a show you are interested in.
These are just a few that I found when searching through itunes. What are you listening to?? If you find anything great- Let us know!